Arts and Culture East Devon (ACED) is a network connecting the artistic communities of East Devon and providing a central platform to engage, network, promote and talk about arts and culture across the region.
ACED DIRECTORY: Please use this sign up form to join our ACED directory, which will feature on the new ACED website.
A public network for East Devon arts and cultural services such as theatres, museums and galleries, programming festivals, delivering workshops and participatory and music events, commissioning public art, working with local social, wellbeing, inclusion and economic development agendas and supporting local arts and culture organisations and creative businesses
- Provide support for professional and artistic development, enabling partnership
- Develop and promote local authority arts and culture-led economic growth initiatives
- Support advocacy work for local arts and culture services and identify areas for collaboration
- Share news, best practice, plans and ambitions - aiding communication between arts practitioners, arts organisations, non-arts organisations, local government and regional and national bodies
- Embed the role of the arts in the cultural, social, educational, environmental and economic life of the district
- Increase participation in cultural activity in the district, developing a healthy social and cultural ecology which engages and enriches communities
- 3 ACED Network meetings a year
- 2 Arts & Culture Forum meetings a year (led by East Devon District Councillors)
- Bi-monthly newsletter: sign up
Culture Champions - if you are interested in volunteering to become an ACED Champion and would like more information, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about our Champions.
Next forums and meetings:
- Next Arts & Culture Forum (online, led by East Devon District Councillors): 14.06.23, 2pm
- Next ACED Network Members meeting: 10.00-12.00, 28.06.23. Axminster Guildhall, West St, Axminster. Book your place
- Save the date: Autumn ACED Network Members meeting: 11 October at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth.
FREE training for East Devon creatives and organisations:
- Carbon Literacy Training: 23 May self-led online learning, participant sessions on 6 June 10:00–12:30 and 8 June 9:15–13:15 via Zoom: sign up
- Making a Living as an Artist, 31 May, 10.30 - 12.00 online. Covering income sources for artists, national and international art scenes, public funding and 'making ends meet' among other topics: sign up
- Marketing training- practical, jargon-free audience development and marketing training: 20 April, 4, 18 May - sign up
- The Culture, Leisure and Tourism Fund will launch in early June. Community organisations will be able to apply for up to £20,000 to help decarbonise their arts venue.
Sign up to the ACED newsletter for news, events and grant opportunities for culture organisations, festivals, artists, creatives and performers across East Devon.